Storyboarding is a powerful strategy to use to organizing your videos so that they capture the attention and interest of your target customers. It is the first step because you want to do because storyboarding is pre-planning. It focuses on identifying every single element that you want to put into your video, shot by shot or frame by frame.
You don’t have to be good at drawing to storyboard. A storyboard is a visual outline of what your video is going to look like scene by scene, frame by frame. It’s purpose is to help maintain the flow of ideas from shot to shot because when you get on set and you start shooting you, don’t want to make decisions on the fly.
Here are 5 killer storyboarding tips we us with all my videos:
1) Schedule what you are going to do and when you are going to do it. Having a game plan and sticking to it will make a big impact on how smooth shooting and video creation will go.
2) You don’t need to use professional equipment when filming. An iPhone will work just fine. If you want to throw on a lapel mic to improve audio you can do that.
3) Know what you are going to say before you shoot!
4) There is no need to film all the frames in chronological order. It is the least efficient way to shoot. You can shot different things at different times.
5) Some variables may change as you go shooting your video but fundamentally, make sure you have a game plan, which is your storyboard, and stick to it.